Grubb's travel tips:
• Don't always go for the cheapest fare. Stick to one airline and build your SkyMiles status.
• Keep your pockets empty except for your phone. Makes security quick.
• Take off your hat when you step up to the window of any customs official.
• When sleeping on long flights, wear a hat and pull the blanket over your head. It blocks all the light and distractions, and the bill of your hat keeps the blanket away from your face so you don't get hot.
• Put your shoes on the conveyor first, before your bags, so you can put them on quickly, then grab your bags and go.