Meet The Pros is our series of articles profiling professional wake athletes. This installment features pro wakeboarder Mike Dowdy, aka Dirty Mike Dowdy. MTP strives to bring you the hard facts about your favorite pro riders, so you can learn what boats and gear help them achieve greatness. We also make sure to include some personal insights: be sure to scroll all the way down to learn what these, “Fun Facts,” are for each rider.
- Name: Mike Dowdy
- Nickname: Dirty Mike Dowdy
- Country: USA
- Social Media: @DirtyMikeDowdy
- Age: 28
- Home Lake: Lake Jessamine, Florida
- Favorite Trick: Method
Top 3 Accomplishments
- 2017 Malibu Vienna Pro Winner
- 2016 Pro Wakeboard Tour Overall Champion
- Bronze at MasterCraft Throwdown “World of X Games”
- Boat: HeyDay H22
- Board: Liquid Force Bullox
- Bindings: Liquid Force Classics
- Rope & Handle: Liquid Force Pulse Combo
- Life Jacket: Liquid Force Spector Comp Vest
Tricks Pioneered: KGB 720, Wake to wake Toeside Frontside 1260, Wake to wake Heelside frontside 1080, Wake to wake Heelside backside 1080, Tailgrab mobydick 720, Underflip 720, Underflip 900, Underflip 1080, Wrapped blind Pete 540, Double roll to blind (early), Double roll to blind (late), and Ole toe back 540.
Something Quirky: Everyone thought my missing tooth was from a wakeboarding accident, but it was actually shot out by an airsoft gun.
Most Unexpected Wakeboarding Experience: When you’re competing a lot, you get to know other pro riders closely and get to see how much grit they really have on the water and at competitions.
Off-Water Activities: I spend all my free time with my family and entertaining my son.
Off-Water Training: Lots of knees over toes exercises!
Heyday Wake Boats and Liquid Force Wakeboards
Read Next: Meet the Pros: Jamie Lopina