In this installment of Meet the Pros, learn about pro rider Cory Teunissen. MTP brings you the hard facts about your favorite pro riders, so you can learn what boats and gear help them achieve greatness. We also make sure to include some personal insights: be sure to scroll all the way down to learn what these, “Fun Facts,” are for Cory Teunissen.
- Name: Cory Teunissen
- Nickname: CTP
- Country: Australia
- Social Media: @CoryTeunissen
- Age: 24
- Home Lake: Somerset Dam
- Favorite Trick: Any variation of 360 or backside 180
Top 3 Accomplishments
- 2X Pro Wakeboard Tour Champion
- 2X World Series Champion
- 2X World Champion
- Boat: Super Air Nautique G23 Paragon History Made Behind Nautique G23 at Wakeboard World Championships
- Board: Hyperlite Capitol 143
- Bindings: Hyperlite Capitol
- Rope: Hyperlite Capitol Don’t
- Life Jacket: Jet Pilot Cory Teunissen Pro Series
Tricks Pioneered: Youngest rider to land a 1080, age 15
Most Unexpected Wakeboarding Experience: Mick Fanning, a pro ocean surfer came over to hang on the boat and asked to bring a friend. The friend ended up being Step Brothers actor John C. Reilly and his family.
What are you up to when you’re not on the water? Ocean surfing and hanging out with the fam to relax. Off-roading.