Here some of our favorite answers from this year’s Pro Playlist interviews. Click on the photo to go to the next page.
Top 3 lessons learned from Texas livin’
1. You can’t bottle lightning, and you can’t fence a river.
2. A boat isn’t always just for shredding.
3. They raise ’em right here.
Top 3 songs you play on the guitar
1. “Why Don’t We Get Drunk?” — Jimmy Buffett (must be played while drinking out of a coconut)
2. “Whiskey Rock-a-Roller” — Lynyrd Skynyrd
3. Any bluegrass jam from Erik Ruck, Clay Fletcher and my bluegrass band
Top 3 worst tricks in wakeboarding
1. Dum dum
2. Heelside backside off axis; unless it’s, wrapped it’s garbage
3. I’m getting pretty over the tap at the end of every rail at the cable
Top 3 electronics you own
2. Panasonic GH2
Top 3 words to describe something great.
Top 3 wakeskate sections of all time
1. Thomas Horell in Sfumato
2. Andrew Pastura in More Than Machines
3. David Hanson in Esoteric
Top 3 models of transportation
2. Chevy Impala Interceptor
3. Jet bike
Top 3 dance-offs of your dancing career:
1. Vs. Shawn Perry
2. Vs. Carnie (Josh Robinson)
3. Vs. Amber Wing (I’m pretty certain I won all 3.)
Top 3 firsts from Cassette that people tend to forget
1. Grip tape, wood boards, concave boards, bi-level boards, wakeskate videos, pink box, asymmetrical boards … shall I continue?
2. Winching and pool gaps
3. Locking in
Top 3 modes of transport in Winter Park, Florida
1. Yamaha Zuma scooter — I put almost 1,000 miles per year on that hog, riding with my board on the seat like airplane wings off to either side
2. Longboarding behind my Jack Russell terrier, Charley
3. A hip bike or German automobile