Who it’s good for:
With the help of Dallas Friday, the Skyla was designed for the intermediate to pro-level female rider who likes a board that is fast, forgiving, responsive and easy to edge even for lighter riders. Low drag makes sessions longer.
How it rides:
Dallas wanted a board that was thin, light and fast, and that’s what we gave her. The slightly pulled-in tips and a full step-down rail let lighter riders edge and accelerate with ease. Beveled edges keep the ride smooth and catch-free, and the V spine softens the landings.
1. Delta bottom: Chevron pattern at tips reduces drag on the water and helps the board release more cleanly.
2. V spine: The Skyla has a small center spine perfectly sized to smooth out the landings without sacrificing the board’s performance.
3. Variable beveled edges: Soft in the middle for smooth turns, and sharper toward the tip for incredible edge hold.
4. Full-length step-down rail: Low-volume rail lets you sink the edge easily for superior line tension.
5. Super-thin profile: CAD-analyzed geometry for the lightest board profile available.
Edge Hold:Solid edge
Pop:Straight up, wake to wake