Here you have it folks! The contest results are in! We have selected a winner for the “Design A Cover” contest. Congratulations Garrett! Thanks to all who submitted entries. There were a few of these notable submissions that made it into our May issue. We frequently do contests and promotions, so keep an eye out for your chance to win cool stuff! In the meantime, take a sneak peak of some of the submitted cover designs. Enjoy!_
Garrett Moberly — Winner!
First of all, the fact that you know Chris Bischoff’s self-proclaimed nickname from Natural Born Thrillaz is a pretty big statement, but add in the psychedelic aesthetics that probably would have been celebrated at the time, and it becomes a no-brainer. For your efforts, CWB Board Co. will send you a fresh new pair of JT boots to kick off your 2014 season!
• Kudos for paying attention to detail. The typography and styling is very accurate for the cover template you chose — nice work:
• Most dads out there would love to have their kid showcased on the cover of the magazine, but rarely do they actually make one for them. You get the proud dad award for this one:
• What is happening here? You must have been on some sort of Alice in Wonderland acid trip to conjure up this submission. For its sheer comedic shock value, you got pretty high on our list:
• Your “Monday Mishap” edition cover was the only one of its kind — excellent originality:
• Nice attempt at recreating Scott Byerly’’s bug jib from back in the day, but nobody will be as cool as Byerly:
• Great photography — but this is a design contest, right?:
• Kudos for creating this submission in Microsoft Word. Frankly, we don’t even know how you did that:
• We see what you did there: