Top 5 Places to Ride
1. Cairns, Australia – Gabe Lucas, Shawn Watson, Sam Collins and I rode behind a 300-foot yacht on the Great Barrier Reef.
2. Thai Wake Park – It’s the best cable park in the world. It has a ton of the freshest obstacles, a perfectly designed lake and the pop on the cable is unreal.
3. Texas Ski Ranch/Lake Dunlap – It’s home.
4. Langenfeld Cable Park – It’s the mecca of cable wakeboarding. It’s the place to go if you’re in Germany, the country of cables.
5. Wake Lab in Arizona – That event at that time was amazing. It was one of the most fun obstacles I’ve ever hit.
Top 5 Things to Do at a Cable Park
1. Dedicate yourself to learning something new You can try things so many more times, so it’s the perfect opportunity to learn a new trick.
2. Try anything and everything Just because you wakeboard doesn’t mean you can’t wakeskate too.
3. Learn how to do half-loads You pop off the water and go 5, 6, 7 feet in the air and go 30 to 40 feet in distance. It’s a fresh, fun thing to do.
4. Meet someone new to ride with Surround yourself with people who are not just fun to ride with but who push you as well.
5. Explore every aspect If you’re into rails, learn how to do a flat-water trick. If you’re into flat-water tricks, learn how to hit rails or kickers.