5 Keys to the Perfect Crepe
Olivier Derome shares his breakfast secrets.
1. Canadian maple syrup. It’s not the first ingredient to a great crepe, but it’s the most important. I like to make a big deal about it being Canadian because it pisses Phil Soven off.
2. It’s almost like making pancakes, but you start with a thinner batter.
3. Don’t put too much batter in the pan, and wait until it bubbles before you flip it over. Otherwise, you’re going to rip it.
4. Put whatever you want on it. I’ve had great ham and cheese crepes, and Nutella and bananas is classic.
5. If you can get your hands on it, maple butter is an amazing addition. It’s really sweet, so you just cut some slices on top, let it melt and then savor it.